Konstanz | Litzelstetten Krahenhorn
The site Litzelstetten-Krähenhorn was discovered in 1899 on the southern shore of the Überlinger Lake, directly across the water from the town of Unteruhldingen. The site represents a typical lakeside settlement along the northern shore of the Bay of Konstanz, with an extensive pile field and a considerable Settlement history. The site was first mapped in 1950, by H. Schiele, and extensively surveyed between 2002 and 2003, by archaeological divers of the Department of Antiquities and Monuments.
3833 and 3805 B.C.
Lake of Constance (Überlinger See)
Size of the site 7,51 ha / approx. 11 soccer pitches
Size of the bufferzone 47,92 ha / approx. 67 soccer pitches
Special Features & Highlights
There are a number of cultural layers that date between the younger and the final Neolithic periods, especially to the early and the late “Pfyner Culture”.
The site is monitored and regularly inspected by the Department of Antiquities and Monuments.